In October 2013, the hardcover and e-book editions of the fib Model Code for Concrete Structures 2010 (MC2010) were published by the Ernst & Sohn publishing house. This milestone publication presents new developments and ideas with regard to concrete structures and structural materials, and will serve as a basis for future codes for concrete structures. It is as an essential document for national and international code committees, practitioners and researchers.
MC2010 - Discount on bulk purchases for fib members
MC2010 e-book edition
The instructions for fib members to download their copy of the e-book edition of MC2010 are given here: MC2010 e-book download instructions.
Cover images are downloadable. Right click on the desired image and select 'Save image' or 'Download image'.
MC2010 expert papers
The fib invites you to read a set of articles written by experts and related to the fib Model Code for Concrete Structures 2010. These papers were published in the fib journal, Structural Concrete.
- ‘fib Model Code for Concrete Structures 2010: Mastering challenges and encountering new ones’ by Joost Walraven
- ‘Reliability in the performance-based concept of fib Model Code 2010’ by Agnieszka Bigaj-van Vliet and Ton Vrouwenvelder
- ‘Sustainability in fib Model Code 2010 and its future perspective’ by Koji Sakai
- ‘Concrete: Treatment of types and properties in fib Model Code 2010’ by Harald S. Müller, Isabel Anders, Raphael Breiner and Michael Vogel
- ‘Fibre-reinforced polymer reinforcement enters fib Model Code 2010’ by Thanasis Triantafillou and Stijn Matthys
- ‘Fibre-reinforced concrete in fib Model Code 2010: Principles, models and test validation’ by Marco di Prisco, Matteo Colombo and Daniele Dozio
- ‘Sound engineering through conceptual design according to the fib Model Code 2010’ by Hugo Corres Peiretti
- ‘Background to the fib Model Code 2010 shear provisions – part I: Beams and slabs’ by Viktor Sigrist, Evan Bentz, Miguel Fernández Ruiz, Stephen Foster and Aurelio Muttoni
- ‘Background to fib Model Code 2010 shear provisions – part II: Punching shear’ by Fernández Ruiz, Evan Bentz, Stephen Foster and Viktor Sigrist
- ‘Design recommendations for interface shear transfer in fib Model Code 2010’ by Norbert Randl
- ‘Design for punching of prestressed concrete slabs’ by Ramos, Miguel Fernández Ruiz and Aurelio Muttoni
- ‘Performance- and displacement-based seismic design and assessment of concrete structures in fib Model Code 2010’ by Michael N. Fardis
- ‘Design for SLS according to fib Model Code 2010’ by György L. Balázs et al.
- ‘Reliability-based non-linear analysis according to fib Model Code 2010’ by Vladimir Cervenka
- ‘Design for service life: Implementation of fib Model Code 2010 rules in the operational code ISO 16204’ by Steinar Helland
- ‘Conservation of concrete structures according to fib Model Code 2010’ by Stuart Matthews and Agnieszka Bigaj-van Vliet
- ‘Bond and anchorage of embedded steel reinforcement in the fib Model Code 2010’ by John Cairns
The fib Model Code for Concrete Structures 2010 lectures, held during the fib MC2010 Workshop in Mumbai, India, from 13 to 14 February 2014, can be viewed on YouTube for an overview of some of the topics covered in the publication: