Membership in the fib
At present, the fib has 42 national member groups as statutory members, and about 1000 individual or corporate members in about 65 countries. The objectives of the fib are to develop at an international level the study of scientific and practical matters capable of advancing the technical, economic, aesthetic and environmental performance of concrete construction. These objectives shall be achieved by the stimulation of research, the synthesis of findings from research and practice, and the dissemination of the results by way of publications, guidance documents and the organisation of international congresses and symposia. The production of recommendations for the design and construction of concrete structures, and the information of members on the latest developments also belong to these objectives.
Individual membership is offered in three categories with the benefits as described here.
Corporate membership is available in three categories with the benefits as described here.
Note that all members in all categories receive free of charge the latest Directory and are granted special access to certain information presented on the fib's website : "Members only". They also enjoy reduced registration fees when attending official fib congresses or symposia. General terms and conditions for membership in the fib are given here.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the fib, please download the membership application form to your computer, fill it in and click on the submit button to send it via e-mail. Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to complete and submit the form electronically. Alternatively, you can print the form and fax it to the fib Secretariat at +41 21 693 62 45.
At present the following items are available online under "Members only":
- Addresses: Access to addresses (members and/or participants in the 's work)fibfib
- Bulletins: Typing Guidelines (PDF file)
- Structural Concrete Journal: Access to PDF files of recently published articles (since 2002)
- Commissions, Task Groups and Special Activity Groups : Notes of last three meetings (PDF files)
- Internal reports and working papers
- List of Technical Council members
- List of Delegates and Deputies of the 's member countries (PDF file) fib
- Essentials of co-operation /NMG (National Member Groups) fib
- Statutes of the (PDF file) fib