The SCC9 Symposium is the follow-up to eight successful international events, all focusing on self-compacting concrete, but also dealing with concrete rheology in general. It will be held in conjunction with the 2nd International Conference on Rheology and Processing of Construction Materials following the RheoCon1 organized 2013 in Paris.
The aim of these two parallel and closely interconnected events is to exchange ideas and experience about the development, testing, and applications of cement-based and other building materials with their specific rheological properties.
In addition to concrete and cementitious binders contributions to the RheoCon2 cover grouts, renders, plasters, bitumen, paints, and adhesives. For each of the above construction materials, the following aspects are considered:
- Components’ properties and characterization;
- Chemical admixtures and mixture design;
- Laboratory and in-situ rheological testing;
- Constitutive models and flow modelling;
- Mixing, processing and casting processes;
- Additive manufacturing / 3D-printing;
- Process induced properties such as fresh state, mechanical or durability properties.
Contributions to the SCC9 Symposium, which is organized in Honour of Prof. Kamal H. Khayat, are expected to cover the latest findings and research in this growing field. They can deal with – but are not confined to – the following topics:
- Material design and materials science;
- Rheology and workability;
- Production and placement;
- Mechanical properties and structural design;
- Durability and sustainability;
- Modelling and numerical simulations;
- Case studies.
Participants are typically researchers, graduate students, or industry specialists, including material suppliers, consultants and construction professionals.
For more information, please visit the official website.
|Event End Date||11-09-2019|