The presidium consists of the president, the deputy president, the immediate past president, four elected members, two elected deputy chairs of the technical council, the secretary general (ex officio) and up to two co-opted members. The co-opted members are elected by the presidium on the recommendation of the president for the duration of his or her time in office.
The presidium meets several times per year and acts as the association’s executive committee. It is responsible for the technical promotion of structural concrete through the association’s governing bodies. In order to achieve its objectives, the presidium may delegate special tasks to ad hoc committees. The presidium is also charged with:
- selecting the venue and date of fib events (congresses, symposia, etc.);
- approving support of non-fib events;
- sets the conditions for membership and approves new members;
- grants awards, honorary memberships and medals of merit;
- appoints the secretary general and the editor-in-chief of the fib’s Structural Concrete journal; and
- issues directives and/or detailed regulations for all aspects not covered by the statutes.
The president is elected by the GA for two years and should already have served as deputy president for the preceding two years. Following his or her term as president, he or she will serve as the immediate past president for a further two years.
The deputy president is elected by the GA for two years.