The fib Presidium has approved the creation of an fib Young Members Group. All members of the Presidium have high expectations for the development of this group.
The fib thinks that it is crucial that young professionals are given the opportunity to fully participate in the activities of the organisation. They are welcome to participate in commissions and task groups and to become part of the decision bodies. However, young members do not actively participate in the development of documents and in the decisions of the fib.
The Young Members Group aims to build a framework that will allow young engineers to participate in the activities of the association and to bring their ideas to the working groups and the decision bodies.
Young engineers can bring new ideas and new ways of working to the fib.
Scope and objective
Introduction of the Young Members Group
- Explain the utility of the group,
- Outline its goals and its target audience.
The improvement of the profession’s self-concept in the XXI century
- Self-concept of structural engineering in the XXI century,
- Mentoring meetings,
- Know the work of other engineers as a way of improving self-work.
Networking. Origin of initiatives. Taking advantage of synergies
- Be the channel for many initiatives taking place in the world of Civil Engineering: Internet blogs, magazines, institutions, universities, entrepreneurs…
- Establish connections with similar groups and associations in other countries,
- Emphasize student interchange.
Relations with Universities and students and open “the circle of knowledge”
- Promote the idea that junior engineers can participate in meetings and conferences and get them to be sources of knowledge for the students,
- Present single topic conferences in universities,
- Organize workshops and meetings to provide professional guidance.
|First name||Last name||Country||Affiliation|
|Graham||Webb||United Kingdom||WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
|Helga Synnove||Kjos-Hanssen||Norway||Veidekke Entreprenør AS|
|Abraham||Sanchez-Corriols||Germany||Schlaich Bergermann partner|
|Nikola||Tošić||Serbia||University of Belgrade|
|David||Čitek||Czech Republic||CTU Klokner Institute|
|Gael||LE BLOA||France||HILTI France|
|Patrick||Valeri Lorenzo||Switzerland||École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)|
|Motohiro||Ohno||Japan||The University of Tokyo|