Floating concrete structures (PDF)
FIB BULLETIN NO. 91
Title: Floating concrete structures
Format approx. DIN A4 (210x297 mm)
This bulletin is the first document prepared by TG 1.2 “Concrete structures in marine environments”. This theme is considered important for Commission 1, since in the future several applications are forecast in marine environments.
Floating concrete structures allow the use of marine spaces with important developments for urban areas, industrial plants, infrastructures and energy production. In this bulletin a series of applications, projects and conceptual ideas are presented. This should be considered as a document representing the potentialities and the innovations on the use of structural concrete in marine environmental.
The floating structure presented in the bulletin should be of inspiration for new application that will be developed in the nearly future, representing a challenge not only for structural designers, but also for administrations, construction companies and industrial entities.
The use of structural concrete is becoming essential in these kinds of applications, in terms of cost, durability and sustainability.
As Commission 1 chair, I’m very grateful to Tor Ole Olsen and to all members of WP 1.2.1 “Floating concrete structures” for having produced this document that I consider very interesting not only for the fib members, but also for concrete community.
Chair of Commission 1: Concrete Structures
Download the copyright page (= list of authors) as a PDF file.
Download the table of contents as a PDF file.
- Introduction - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0091.Ch01
- The beauty of the sea - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0091.Ch02
- Some challenges of the sea - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0091.Ch03
- General applications - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0091.Ch04
- Project and ideas - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0091.Ch05
- Design - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0091.Ch06
- Loads - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0091.Ch07
- LWA (Light Weight Aggregate), and a LWA concrete structure - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0091.Ch08
- Fibre reinforced concrete - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0091.Ch09
- Floating wind generators - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0091.Ch10
- Sea beach - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0091.Ch11
- Reinforced concrete floating caissons for ports and harbours - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0091.Ch12
- Fish farming - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0091.Ch13
- Floating cruise harbour - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0091.Ch14
- Floating Arctic Quay - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0091.Ch15
- Floating Bridge - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0091.Ch16
- Floating platforms for the O&G industry - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0091.Ch17
- Floating apartments - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0091.Ch18
- Submerged floating bridges - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0091.Ch19