The vision for fib Model Code 2020 (MC2020), as a single merged general structural code, goes beyond the point reached by fib MC2010, recent ISO codes, such as ISO 16311, and the current Eurocode activities to extend their application to existing structures. The envisaged development is intended to result in an internationally recognized and comprehensive fib Model Code 2020 for new and existing concrete structures. This work is to be taken forward by TG10.1: Model Code 2020. It is clear from discussions at the TC that Commission 10 and TG10.1 should have wide international representation.
In October 2013, the hardcover and e-book editions of the fib Model Code 2010 (MC2010) were published by the Ernst & Sohn publishing house. This milestone publication presented new developments and ideas with regard to concrete structures and structural materials, and serve as a basis for future codes for concrete structures. It is as an essential document for national and international code committees, practitioners and researchers.
Model codes publications
- fib Model Code for Concrete Structures 2010
- CEB-FIP Model Code 1990 (PDF)
- CEB-FIP Model Code 1978 (PDF)
fib Model Code for Concrete Structures 2010To order this issue, please visit the Ernst & Sohn online library.
The previous Model Codes draft work editions can be found in our CEB-Bulletins bookshop.
Articles and videos
The fib invites you to read a set of articles written by experts and related to the fib Model Code for Concrete Structures 2010. These papers were published in the fib journal, Structural Concrete.
Also a series of lectures on the MC2010 held during a workshop in Mumbai, India in February 2014 can be viewed on YouTube for an overview of some of the topics covered in the publication. These videos provide an overview of some of the topics covered in the MC2010.
MC2010 Expert papers
- fib Mastering challenges and encountering new ones - Pages 1-85 - by Joost Walraven
- fib Reliability in the performance-based concept of fib Model Code 2010 - Pages 309-319 - by Agnieszka Bigaj-van Vliet and Ton Vrouwenvelder
- fib Sustainability in fib Model Code 2010 and its future perspective - Pages 301-308 - by Koji Sakai
- fib Concrete: Treatment of types and properties in fib Model Code 2010 - Pages 320-334 - by Harald S. Müller, Isabel Anders, Raphael Breiner and Michael Vogel
- fib Fibre-reinforced polymer reinforcement enters fib Model Code 2010 - Pages 335-341 - by Thanasis Triantafillou and Stijn Matthys
- fib Fibre-reinforced concrete in fib Model Code 2010: Principles, models and test validation - Pages 342-361 - by Marco di Prisco, Matteo Colombo and Daniele Dozio
- fib Sound engineering through conceptual design according to the fib Model Code 2010 - Pages 89-98 - by Hugo Corres Peiretti
- Design for service life: Implementation of fib Model Code 2010 rules in the operational code ISO 16204 - Pages 10–18 - by Steinar Helland
- Background to the fib Model Code 2010 shear provisions – part I: Beams and slabs Pages 195–203 - by Viktor Sigrist, Evan Bentz, Miguel Fernández Ruiz, Stephen Foster and Aurelio Muttoni
- Background to fib Model Code 2010 shear provisions – part II: Punching shear Pages 204–214 - by Fernández Ruiz, Evan Bentz, Stephen Foster and Viktor Sigrist
Videos Lectures on the MC2010 Videos Lectures on the MC2010 fib Introduction by Joost Walraven of the Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Netherlands. Shear and punching shear provisions by Aurelio Muttoni of the Ecole polytechnique de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland, and Viktor Sigrist of the Hamburg University of Technology, Germany. Design of concrete structures with advanced methods by Hugo Corres Peiretti of FHECOR Ingenieros Consultores, Spain. Design rules for FRC applications by Marco di Prisco of the Politecnico di Milano, Italy.