Guidelines for Submerged Floating Tube Bridges (PDF)
FIB BULLETIN NO. 96
Title: Guidelines for Submerged Floating Tube Bridges.
Guide to good practice
Format approx. DIN A4 (210x297 mm)
This bulletin is a guidelines document for “Submerged Floating Tube Bridges”, that represents an innovation in Marine Concrete Structures. This theme is considered important for Commission 1 since in the future several applications are forecast in marine environments.
Submerged Floating Tube Bridges are a solution that can be proposed to solve different problems in passing water constrains as lakes and fiords, reducing the impact and allowing several economic advantages.
The guidelines certainly will boost the application of Submerged Floating Tube Bridges since the document is useful not only for designers but also for construction companies, owners and public administrations.
As guidelines, the bulletin gives wide information on the design, construction and management of these structures, allowing all the users to be confident in promoting the use of Submerged Floating Tube Bridges.
As Commission 1 Chair, I’m very grateful to Arianna Minoretti and to all members of WP 1.2.2 ”Submerged Floating Tube Bridges”, for having produced this document that I consider very interesting not only for the fib members but also for the concrete community.
Chair of Commission 1 Concrete Structures
Download the table of contents as a PDF file.
- Introduction - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0096.Ch01
- The SFTB - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0096.Ch02
- Rules and regulations - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0096.Ch03
- Functional requirements - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0096.Ch04
- Site conditions - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0096.Ch05
- Actions and action effects - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0096.Ch06
- Design principles - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0096.Ch07
- Construction - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0096.Ch08
- Installation - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0096.Ch09
- MEP - systems - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0096.Ch10
- Operation & Maintenance - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0096.Ch11
- Risk and reliability - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0096.Ch12
- Costs - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0096.Ch13
- Studies on the SFTB - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0096.Ch14