Punching of structural concrete slabs (PDF)
Technical report (314 pages, ISBN 978-2-88394-052-9, August 2001) - PDF format
fib Bulletin No. 12
Title: Punching of structural concrete slabs
Category: Technical report
Format approx. DIN A4 (210x297 mm), 141 tables, 205 illustrations
Abstract: Punching is considered to be one of the most difficult problems in structural concrete design and mechanical models or theoretical analyses were developed rather late in the history of concrete research attempts.
This fib Bulletin reviews the development of design models and theoretical analyses since the CEB Bulletin 168 Punching Shear in Reinforced Concrete - State-of-the-Art Report published in 1985. The role of the concrete tensile strength was specially addressed. In this respect the present bulletin is also following-up the CEB Bulletin 237 Concrete Tension and Size Effects - Utilisation of concrete tension in structural concrete design and relevance of size effect - Contributions from CEB Task Group 2.7 published in 1997.
Apart from new theoretical developments a comprehensive databank for comparisons with experimental evidence is included. About 400 punching tests were critically reviewed and evaluated in a consistent manner. This is thought to be the first step towards a generally agreed selection of reliable tests. The evident value of such a data bank is illustrated by comparisons carried out between the data and some of the analytical proposals as well as empirical code formulas.
List of contents :
(1) Introduction, (2) Code equations, (3) Mechanical models for punching, (4) New developments for mechanical models, (5) Numerical investigations, (7) Comparison of mechanical models and test results of slabs without shear reinforcement, (8) Comparison of code rules and tests of flat slabs without shear reinforcement, (9) Comparison of codes, models and tests of flat slabs with shear reinforcement, (10) Experimental investigations, (11) Summary and conclusions, References, Appendices : (I) Databank on slabs without shear reinforcement, (II) Databank on slabs with shear reinforcement, (III) Comparison of test data with code rules, (IV) Comparison of test data with selected models, (V) Notations.
- Introduction - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0012.Ch01
- Code equations - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0012.Ch02
- Mechanical models for punching - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0012.Ch03
- New developments for mechanical models - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0012.Ch04
- Numerical investigation - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0012.Ch05
- Databank on punching tests - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0012.Ch06
- Comparison of mechanical models and test results of slabs without shear reinforcement - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0012.Ch07
- Comparisons of code rules and tests of flat slabs without shear reinforcement - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0012.Ch08
- Comparisons of codes, models and tests of flat slabs with shear reinforcement - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0012.Ch09
- Experimental investigations - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0012.Ch10
- Conclusions - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0012.Ch11