The publication and dissemination of the proceedings of conferences, congresses or symposia remain entirely within the responsibility of the organisers of the event in question. Proceedings are not official fib publications, even if the event was co-sponsored by or organised on behalf of the fib. Published proceedings can be ordered by contacting the organisers when possible.
The fib organises a Congress every four years, a Symposium in the years between each Congress and a PhD Symposium every two years.
Most of the proceedings of fib congresses and symposia are indexed in Scopus and in Web of Science. All recent congresses and symposia proceedings are developed with the latest quality standards, including peer review of each publication.
Please contact the fib Secretariat to request more information.
The congresses since the foundation of the fib are:
- 1st fib Congress: October 2002, Osaka, Japan.
- 2nd fib Congress: June 2006. Naples, Italy.
- 3rd fib Congress: May to June 2010, Washington, D.C., USA.
- 4th fib Congress: February 2014. Mumbai, India.
- 5th fib Congress: October 2018. Melbourne, Australia.
The next fib Congress will take place in Oslo, Norway in June 2022.
The Symposia since the foundation of the fib are:
- 1st fib Symposium: 1999 in Prague, Czech Republic.
- 2nd fib Symposium: 2000 in Orlando, USA.
- 3rd fib Symposium: 2001 in Berlin, Germany.
- 4th fib Symposium: 2003 in Athens, Greece.
- 5th fib Symposium: 2004 in Avignon, France.
- 6th fib Symposium: 2005 in Budapest, Hungary.
- 7th fib Symposium: 2007 in Dubrovnik, Croatia.
- 8th fib Symposium: 2008 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- 9th fib Symposium: 2009 in London, UK.
- 10th fib Symposium: 2011 in Prague, Czech Republic.
- 11th fib Symposium: 2012 in Stockholm, Sweden.
- 12th fib Symposium: 2013 in Tel Aviv, Israel.
- 13th fib Symposium: 2015 in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 14th fib Symposium: 2016 in Cape Town, South Africa.
- 15th fib Symposium: 2017 in Maastricht, Netherlands (free for members, please log in).
- 16th fib Symposium: 2019 in Krakow, Poland.
The next Symposia will take place in Shanghai, China (2020) and in Lison, Portugal (2021).
No. 20. El Hormigon estructural y el transcurso del tiempo - Proceedings Vol. 1 - 28-30 September 2005 - La Plata, Argentina
No. 19. Keep Concrete Attractive - 6th fib Symposium Proceedings Vol. 2. - 23-25 May 2005 - Budapest, Hungary
No. 18. Keep Concrete Attractive - 6th fib Symposium Proceedings Vol. 1. - 23-25 May 2005 - Budapest, Hungary
No. 13. - Concrete Structures: the Challenge of Creativity - 5th fib Symposium Proceedings - 26-28 May 2004 - Avignon, France
No. 12. Concrete Structures in Seismic Regions - 4th fib Symposium Proceedings - 6-8 May 2003 - Athens, Greece
No. 10. - Concrete Structures in the 21st Century - First fib Congress Proceedings Vol. 2 - 13-19 October 2002 - Osaka, Japan - Condensed ...
No. 9. - - Concrete Structures in the 21st Century - First fib Congress Proceedings Vol. 1 - 13-19 October 2002 - Osaka, Japan - Condensed ...
No. 8. fib Concrete and Environment - 3rd fib Symposium Proceedings - 3-5 October 2001 - Berlin, Germany
No. 6. Proceedings of the 3rd PhD Symposium in Vienna, Austria Vol 2 - 5-7 October 2000 - Vienna, Austria
No. 6. Proceedings of the 3rd PhD Symposium in Vienna, Austria - 5-7 October 2000 - Vienna, Austria
No. 4. The Bridge between People - 1st fib SymposiumProceedings Vol. 2 - 12-15 October 1999 - Prague, Czech Republic
No. 3.The Bridge between People - 1st fib SymposiumProceedings Vol. 1 - 12-15 October 1999 - Prague, Czech Republic
No. 2. Proceedings of the 2nd fib International PhD Symposium in Civil Engineering - 28-30 May 1999 - Budapest, Hungary
No. 1. - Proceedings of the 1st fib International PhD Symposium in Civil Engineering - 28-30 May 1996 - Budapest, Hungary