Precast Concrete in Tall Buildings (PDF)
FIB BULLETIN NO. 101
Title:Precast Concrete in Tall Buildings
Format approx. DIN A4 (210x297 mm)
There has been continued global growth in tall building construction over recent years. The variation in the use of such buildings is remarkable, from lavish hotels and apartments to socially affordable units. As the world struggles to cope with growing numbers of people, dwindling resources and movements from rural to urban habitats it is unavoidable that population densities will increase, and more efficient use of scarce land will be needed. Taller buildings are the inevitable consequence.
Tall buildings can use several different types of material to form their framework and envelope. Those materials are mixed to provide an optimum building solution to suit client requirements such as structure, occupancy, vision, affordability, timing, sustainability and quality. Precast concrete is one of those materials, and has been used from whole frameworks to facades, and elements mixed with structural steelwork and cast in place concrete.
This state of the art report shows how precast concrete can be effectively integrated into tall buildings using modern materials and techniques, drawing on the experience and expertise that is currently available in the global precast concrete industry. The report is aimed at not only building professionals and students, but also at contractors, investors, owners, public bodies and any other parties interested in the possibilities for use of precast concrete in tall building construction. Extensive case studies at the end of the Bulletin illustrate the benefits and applications discussed in the earlier chapters.
Download the copyright page (= list of authors) as a PDF file.
Download the table of contents as a PDF file.
- Introduction - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0101.Ch01
- Benefits of Precast Concrete in Tall Buildings - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0101.Ch02
- Integration of Precast Concrete into Mixed Construction - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0101.Ch03
- Precast Concrete Structural Systems - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0101.Ch04
- Precast Concrete Floors - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0101.Ch05
- Precast Concrete Columns - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0101.Ch06
- Precast Concrete Walls - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0101.Ch07
- Precast Concrete Stairs - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0101.Ch08
- Facades and Claddings - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0101.Ch09
- Precast Concrete in Seismic Zones - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0101.Ch10
- Construction - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0101.Ch11
- Case Studies - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0101.Ch12