Seismic design of precast concrete build (PDF)
State-of-art report (262 pages, ISBN 978-2-88394-067-3, January 2004).
fib bulletin No. 27
Format approx. DIN A4 (210X297 mm)
The aim of this state-of-art report is to present current practices for use of precast and prestressed concrete in countries in seismic regions, to recommend good practice, and to discuss current developments. The report has been drafted by 30 contributors from nine different countries.
This state-of-art report covers: state of the practice in various countries; advantages and disadvantages of incorporating precast reinforced and prestressed concrete in construction; lessons learned from previous earthquakes; construction concepts; design approaches; primary lateral load resisting systems (precast and prestressed concrete frame systems and structural walls including dual systems) diaphragms of precast and prestressed concrete floor units; modelling and analytical methods; gravity load resisting systems; foundations; and miscellaneous elements (shells, folded plates, stairs and architectural cladding panels). Design equations are reported where necessary, but the emphasis is on principles. Ordinary cast-in-place reinforced concrete is not considered in this report.
This fib state-of-the-art report is intended to assist designers and constructors to provide safe and economical applications of structural precast concrete and at the same time to allow innovation in design and construction to continue.
This Bulletin N° 27 was approved as an fib state-of-art report in autumn 2002 by fib Commission 7, Seismic design.
- Introduction - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0027.Ch01
- Lessons from previous earthquakes - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0027.Ch02
- Precast construction concepts - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0027.Ch03
- Design approaches - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0027.Ch04
- Lateral force resisting systems - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0027.Ch05
- Diaphragms - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0027.Ch06
- Gravity load resisting systems - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0027.Ch07
- Foundations - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0027.Ch08
- Modelling and analytical methods - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0027.Ch09
- Miscellaneous elements and structures - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0027.Ch10
- Conclusions - doi.org/10.35789/fib.BULL.0027.Ch11